Saturday, March 8, 2014

So.. What's age got to do with it???

Well, here we go again. Another spring is coming.  After a horrendous winter I can't wait.  What does age have to do with boating?  Since I froze my age at 67 and stopped having birthdays, it seems on the inside I haven't changed a bit.  But,,, on the outside can this be true?  I don't look the same in the mirror.
 

When we visit Great Escape I feel her tugging at my heart strings like a young puppy pulling on a leash.  "Come on,,,lets go!  The sea,, and new adventures are waiting for us!!"  I guess a good boat never gets old if you take care of her.  But does she understand how my joints feel in the morning ?

My "bucket list" is really very short as we've  followed the philosophy of an old friend who used to say "memories are better than dreams"

When are you too old to cross Gulf of Mexico alone again and if I did should I hire a captain to help?  I DON'T THINK SO!

Can we manage the many locks and dams just to get to the open water of the Gulf again??





When we have the many wonderful memories of places we've been and the experiences that were great; do we really want to expose ourselves to the rigor of another trip ?  After all, we can just drive to the Keys or Ft. Myers  and probably have as much fun.
Sun room in our new digs.. A Villa !! 
 

           No more grass to cut!!  No snow shoveling!!  No gutter cleaning!! No swimming pool to worry about when we're gone!


new dinning room                                 

new galley                                 
lower level                                           
Our new living room, with a fire in the fireplace, makes me wonder if I really want to travel for months in a boat again .  Hummmm???  I guess with the kids gone a villa style of living is a reward of getting older.  I will still keep the age frozen at 67 though; and Who Knows What the Future brings ???!                                               Our blog has reached 20,000 hits from all over the world including many places I've barely heard of.  Someone in the Ukraine is a consistent follower.  My initial expectations have been more than met and we have met many new friends in boating thanks to the blog.  Thanks for bearing with me.....Captain Dave










 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, you're motivating me to weigh anchor"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one Dad, so glad your happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dave anytime you want to travel I work real cheap as a deck hand ! You have given me a good idea,think I will stop my birthday at 69 that is right around the corner! Jim Lefers

    ReplyDelete